First, I want to thank Torrie at A.Promptreply for nominating me for this Virtual Blog Tour Award. Even though Torrie and I are in different stages and walks of life, she has a gift for connecting and really reaching out to those she meets. Her insights are fabulous and her personality contagious. You should read my favorite post of her’s HERE.
So what is a Virtual Blog Tour award? Simply a way for others to learn more about how I get ideas, why I blog, and showcase new blogs. Sounds like a win-win to me!
Here are the rules:
- Pass the tour on to up to four other bloggers. Give them the rules and a specific Monday to post.
- Answer four questions about your creative process which lets other bloggers and visitors know what inspires you to do what you do.
- Compose a one-time post which is posted on Monday (date will be given to you from whoever passes on the tour)
Four Bloggers to Nominate: I want to learn more about your blogging experience! If you decide to participate, post your virtual blog tour on November 10th
- Emily at Light the Lie
- Jen at Staying Mom
- Abbie at Abbie’s Babble
- Tarynn at Mama by Fire
1. What am I working on? When I first started my blog I was working on gaining a following, but now I’m just looking for relationships and people that inspire me. I’m working on finding peace within myself and with my blog.
2. How does my work differ from others of its genre? The only thing different about my work is me. I love to find connections and parallels in life. I search for how small events can teach me bigger lessons. But there are many people who do this well and who teach me so much. So in the end, the main difference is who I am, the thoughts I have, and the way I communicate and share my love with those who I come in contact with.
3. Why do I write/create what I do? I write because I have all these thoughts swirling in my head. I can see these lessons and I want to document them. I firmly believe that God teaches those who value His words. He gives more lessons to those who treasure the lessons they have. So I am trying to record my lessons. I am trying to make sense of the madness and hopefully inspire not only myself, but a friend too.
4. How does your writing/creating process work? It comes throughout the day. I’ll be doing some everyday thing with my boy, and then I’ll try to think about it on a different level. How would this apply to my marriage, my faith, my role as a mother? The connections seem to come to the surface; there are lessons everywhere in life!
Again, I appreciate Torrie for giving me this opportunity. It was fun to think about my creative process and think about my goals. I look forward to learning about the creative process of my fellow bloggers!
Wow, you did this so well. I’m not sure you’re supposed to do a better job at responding than the person who nominated you, but you certainly did and I very much enjoyed learning more about you! Well done, Marla! (I am so not good at figuring out how to handle these pingbacks….this was on my blog instead of yours so am reposting it here!)
LikeLiked by 1 person
Well thank you so much, Torrie! It really was a great opportunity! I enjoyed it more than some of the other blog awards. Such a great opportunity to really think about why I’m in this blogging world, and what I’m after. 🙂 And I agree, pingbacks took me a while to figure out too! All this blogging lingo is a lot to learn at first!