Today I am so excited to share one of my favorite bloggers with you! I was nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award by Emily at Light the Lie, and could not have been more honored or flattered. Emily is a gem. She shines, radiates, and practically glitters from the light she has within her. On top of that, the way she can shed light on a subject, in order to see things as they really are, is fabulous. Her blog really is a win-win. I continually go back to her blog, not just for her contemplative writing, but simply for her.
So, let’s talk about sisterhood. In the urban dictionary it defines sisterhood as: “A bond between two or more girls, not always related by blood. They always tell the truth, honor each other, and love each other like sisters.”
So for me, this award is for those bloggers that leave me feeling understood, close, respected, and cared for. I’ve realized as I have entered this world of blogging that to me the most important aspect is the sisterhoods. The times when I’m really getting to know someone, how they think, and seeing into their soul; the comments of encouragement, kindness, humor, and warmth. To me, this is the “rewarding” aspect of blogging.
The Rules: *I slightly changed the rules
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions they have given you.
4. Nominate ten people. *[I honestly am new to blogging and am still creating sisterhoods. I didn’t want to feel the need to nominate a certain number of people, but simply share those I love.]
5. Make up ten new questions for them to answer.
Ten Questions from Emily @ Light the Lie:
My questions for you!
- What is it about your best friend that makes them so wonderful? My best friend is my husband. What makes him wonderful is his ability to see me for who I am, with all my faults, and yet love me and gently encourage me. I couldn’t as for a better teammate.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I would love to travel all over. But in terms of living day-in and day-out, honestly I am so content with where I am living. So it would have to be in the Utah Valley. 🙂
- What helps you get through a long day? Dance parties, chocolate chips, and talking to my sisters. Random, but true!
- What is a topic on teens you would like to see written about? Finding a source of true confidence that withstands any bad day.
- When you think about High School you feel _____? Some good memories, but so happy to be done. 🙂
- If you could get rid of one day of the week, which would it be and why? Probably Tuesday. It’s a long day for Sam and long days for Sam, mean long days for me. What can I say? I like my husband!
- What do you dream about for your future? Traveling around the world with Sam and my little kiddos. Watching my kids grow up to do wonderful things and have kids themselves.
- What are you most passionate about? I am really passionate about family and marriage. Before my schooling was put on hold for my sweet boy, Parker, I was studying Marriage and Family in college. If someone starts bringing up issues regarding parenting, marriage, and family, it is a bit hard for me to keep my mouth shut. 🙂
- What is the best present you ever received? My mind actually went to a time about 8 years ago. My brother was leaving to go to college. Our relationship had always been touch and go. I was much younger, not very cool, and oh so annoying. To me, I thought he was amazing and wished we could be closer. But a 6 year gap was hard to span growing up. He had left home, but sent me home something. It was a stick that he had carefully carved my name into. When I got it, I was so touched and couldn’t hold back the tears. I was amazed that he had thought about me enough to spend hours carefully carving my name. It showed me he really did care, and that gift still means more to me than I can express.
- Who knows you better than anyone else? Definitely my husband. No contest on that one!
I am so excited to nominate and share with you some of the people who I feel a sisterhood with. A kind of warmth and caring that rises above the posts they publish:
- Chelsi at Catching Crawfish
- Emily at Light the Lie
- Kim at Invited by Grace
- Karen at Fill Your Own Glass
- Rachael at Three Boys and a Mom
- Sasha at MomLife Now
- Torrie at A.Prompt.Reply
- Jen at Staying Mom
Here are 10 Questions for You:
- What is it about your best friend that makes them so wonderful?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What helps you get through a long day?
- What is your favorite way to spend your weekends?
- When you think about High School you feel _____?
- If you could get rid of one day of the week, which would it be and why?
- What do you dream about for your future?
- What are you most passionate about?
- What is the best present you ever received?
- What is your favorite book and why?
I understand some may not want participate, so please feel in no way that you are obligated to participate! Mostly take this nomination as a “Thank You. I think you are awesome.” from me! Thank you for being such sweet, down-to-earth people; for sharing your real selves with the world; for your sisterhood. Your involvement in my life has made blogging exceptionally more meaningful. 🙂