I want to thank Jen at Staying Mom for nominating me for the Liebster award! I found Jen’s blog a little while ago and have so enjoyed reading her blog. She is so real; she inspires me to reach my goals; and she is down to earth. You should go check her out.
As most of you know, I am very new to the blogging world and was really confused when I started seeing this award passed around “Liebster”?? What is the world does that mean? Well, when Jen nominated me, I started looking into the origin.
What does Liebster mean? It is actually a very, sweet blog award. The definitions are always words of endearment or kindness such as: darling, sweet, beloved. So I am very excited to nominate blogs later in the post that I find to be absolutely darling, sweet, and beloved to me.
Here’s how it works:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 5 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 5 questions.
11 facts about me:
- I love ice cream. It takes some major self-restraint on my part to not just sit down and eat an entire carton, when I know it is just waiting for me in the fridge allll day.
- I love to dance. And that means doing crazy dances at home with Parker.
- I love music. Anything that isn’t vulgar, really hard sounding, or really twangy country.
- I love singing, playing instruments, and musical theater. Between being in a couple plays/musicals, being in regional choirs, and playing a couple instruments–I am definitely a musical person.
- I live for the outdoors.
- I love Sports. My favorite is Volleyball. But Basketball, Soccer, Football, and Running are all ones I love.
- I love wearing Basketball shorts. People who know me will probably say that the most common outfit they see me in is a T-shirt and Basketball shorts…. They are just so comfy!!
- I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I thoroughly enjoy my church and the peace and happiness it brings me.
- I love snacking on chocolate chips.
- My sisters are my best friends.
- I love watching TV shows with my husband to wind down at night.
11 Blogs I think are darling, sweet, and beloved: I Nominate You!
- Catching Crawfish
- Invited By Grace
- Three Boys and a Mom
- A Babbling Brooke
- Fill Your Own Glass
- Working Mom Inspiration
- Growing with Intention
- Abbie’s Babble
- Giggle, Giggle, Toot, Roar
- Mrs. Med School
- Real Mom Diaries
Questions from Staying Mom:
- What is your favorite quote? My favorite quote is long, but very meaningful to me:
“Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. Oh, how we pray that every young woman will grow up to be all the wonderful things she is meant to be.”
- Your favorite food? Mexican!! I love how versatile, easy, and yummy it is.
- Your favorite vacation? My honeymoon with my husband. We went to Cancun, Mexico for a week at a resort and it was DIVINE.
- Your favorite book? The Book of Mormon. It inspires me daily.
- Your favorite color? Blue AND Green
- Your favorite movie? Umm I have no idea. I like watching tons of different ones. But I do love romantic comedies!
- Your favorite outfit? Basketball Shorts and a T-shirt.
- Your favorite place? Home– The Utah Valley.
- Your favorite drink? Water or a protein shake in the morning.
- Your favorite flower? Daisy
- Your favorite blog? Can I at least have a couple? MomLife Now. Barren to Beautiful. and A Babbling Brooke. These women inspire me so much.
OK, now 5 questions for my nominee’s:
- Why do you blog?
- Who is the person you look up to the most and why?
- What brings you the most peace in life?
- Where is your favorite place to vacation?
- What is your favorite book?
Again, I am so grateful for the nomination and I hope you go and check out these wonderful bloggers!